To the Rescue of Busy Professionals
Take your visual communication to the next level
Top Ten BPO Companies in India
A Chillibreeze report
A newer version of this article has been published recently. Check out the latest list of top ten BPO companies in India.
Top Ten BPO companies in India
Software industry in India is represented and supported by NASSCOM (The National Association of Software and Services Companies). Currently, more than 1000 information technology companies in India are members of NASSCOM.
We have taken their most recent report on “the top third party ITES-BPO companies in India, for the year 2005-06” as the basis of our selection. Their ranking was based on revenues. The Nasscom report had listed 15 companies and we are providing this longer list too, at the end of this report.
As per the Industry fact sheet published by NASSCOM, the Indian ITES-BPO segment grew at 37% in 2005-06 (ITES-BPO) and the exports are expected to cross US$ 9 billion by end 2007.
1. Genpact: Spread across Asia, Europe and America, Genpact is a global BPO service provider. Its biggest presence is in India, with nearly 20,000 employees. Formerly known as GE Capital International Services, Genpact was set up by Pramod Bhasin in 1997 with 300 employees and presently has facilities in India, China, Europe and North America. It offers a wide range of services, from content management to Banking and Insurance. (http://www.genpact.com/)
2. WNS Global Services: Starting as a call center for British Airways in 1996 in Mumbai, WNS has grown through strategic acquisitions to become a leading BPO service provider in areas ranging from Healthcare and Finance to Research and Customer Service. Warburg Pincus is a majority shareholder in the company. The company issued ADRs (American Depository Shares), which commenced trading on the New York Stock exchange in July 2006. The company raised US$ 255 million through this route. The revenue for the quarter ended June 30, 2006, was US$ 53.0 million, up 3.6% from $51.2 million, in the same period in the previous year. (http://www.wnsgs.com/)
3. Wipro BPO: The Company is well known as a leader in CRM and back office transaction processing BPO. Some strategic reorganization was resorted to in 2005 and it moved from being a totally voice-based service provider to a mix of both voice and non-voice-driven business. Its services include Mortgage Processing, to HR Processing and Data Management. (http://wipro.com/bpo/index.htm)
4. HCL BPO: Starting operations in 2001, HCL BPO services has become one of HCL’s most important business units. Serving over 450 clients worldwide, 15% of which are Fortune 500 companies, HCL BPO covers Insurance, Financial Services and Retail. It operates from eight units across India, UK and Malaysia and even offers services in languages other than English. (http://www.hclbpo.com/)
5. ICICI OneSource: Promoted by the ICICI group, ICICI One- Source stands up to its name and provides BPO services covering almost all industry verticals like financial services, retail, media etc. The contact center services accounts for over 70% of its current business. It has 12 delivery centers based across India, North Ireland and the US.
6. IBM Daksh: This is a company to watch out for! From 6000 employees in 2004, when IBM acquired it, Daksh presently has over 20,000 employees. The company is able to leverage the expertise of IBM in the areas of research, development and consulting to offer unique solutions. A case in point is its text-analytic tool called ProACT that automates customer surveys analysis. This is being tested by many telecommunication companies, effecting a substantial savings for the company as the number of subject matter experts needed to execute the work gets nearly halved. It has 12 delivery centers spread across India, four in Gurgaon, two in Bangalore, one in Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata and Chandigarh and two in Manila, Philippines. (http://www.daksh.com/)
7. Progeon, (now known as Infosys BPO): Promoted by Infosys in 2002, Progeon seems to be coming to the limelight, going by the string of recognitions it has been winning – the Business World, a business magazine published in India has ranked it 4th most respected amongst BPOs in 2006. The NASSCOM survey ranks it the 7th best BPO on the basis of 2005–06 revenues. The International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) has ranked Progeon 5th, out of 35 ‘Rising Stars’, in its Global Outsourcing 100. Its revenue went up from less than US$ 4 million in 2003 to US$ 85.5 million in 2006. The net profit jumped from a marginal loss in 2002-03 to a profit of over US$ 21 million in 2005–06. Only around 18% of its turnover is from voice related services, the rest coming from data related business processing (http://www.progeon.com/)
8. Aegis BPO Services Ltd.: Aegis BPO is an Essar group company and has over 2 decades of experience. It is a recognized leader in Customer care and acquisitions. Headquartered in Irving, Texas, it employs over 9000 people (between India & USA) and has over 24 delivery centers. The company provides services across verticals like Retail, Energy, Education, Telecom and Financial Services. (www.aegisbpo.com)
9. EXL Services Holding: Incorporated in Delaware in 1999, EXL is one of the leading providers of value-added offshore Business Process Outsourcing solutions. It boasts of a client base of over 1000 and employs over 7000 people. It has 5 delivery centers between Noida and Pune. The Research and Analytics services is a relatively new add on and its acquisition of Inductis in July 2006 will help it make its presence stronger in this area. (http://www.exlservice.com/overview.htm)
10. 24/7 Customer: Set up in mid 2000, this company presently has over 7000 employees across 9 global delivery centers. Headquartered in Los Gatos, California, it strives to be customer- centric. The company has developed a Customer Life Time Management System, which can provide value to many organizations. (http://www.247customer.com/whoweare/index.asp).
This report has covered the top 10 in the list published by NASSCOM (ITES-BPO).
Article published: December 2006
Want to know as to which companies rank high from the angle of employee satisfaction? Click here and find out: http://www.chillibreeze.com/articles/Top10BPOCompaniesinIndia.asp
>> Read more articles written by Chillibreeze writers:
Urgent 24 Hour Editing